YouTube has now over a billion users – almost one-third of all people on the internet. According to Google, on mobile the average YouTube viewing session is now more than 40 minutes, up more than 50% from 2014. The number of hours people spent watching videos is up 100% year to date, especially on mobile.
A few months ago, Content Marketing Institute, MarketingProfs, and Brightcove interviewed B2B marketers from North America. Their findings were included in the “B2B Content Marketing: 2015 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends”*. The report clearly indicates the power of video content as a lead generator, and as a vehicle for brand visibility. 72% of B2B marketers are using YouTube to publish video.
So, in case you are not marketing with Video, it’s never too late to start having your own channel for your B2B company.
Here are 5 good reasons for you to start doing so:
- Strong Branding – Having your own YouTube channel gives you the chance to have a good degree of control over the kind of image and branding that you want to project online. Think of your YouTube channel as a digital extension of your company or brand that can attract your market. Your channel can display your company colors, and your layout, content, and playlist can all be contributory towards creating strong branding,
- Unified Message – by having your own YouTube channel, you’ll be able to determine the contents of your channel, what video you’ll feature at any given time, and whether or not you will produce and upload serialized videos. Without your own B2B YouTube channel, it won’t be easy to deliver a unified message that applies to all your videos because it’s like they’re scattered everywhere.
- Brand Equity – since having your own YouTube channel allows you to control your content, you can use this control opportunity for building brand equity. This means that apart from your actual marketing of your products or services, you’ll also be able to present additional valuable information about your company. Such information could include, for example, videos about your brand’s community responsiveness to environmental threats, or your company’s efforts at making society experience your high degree of corporate social responsibility. Those are not only great opportunities for creating better Public Relations, they can also be an opportunity to build interest and engage your target market more and thus, expand your network.
- Greater Niche Discoverability – Google indexes YouTube videos and ranks them on the Search Engine Results Pages (SERPs) not just because they are the owners of the video sharing site, but more because videos are now among the most consumed content online. By having your own B2B YouTube channel, you can systematically compile your videos and keep them cohesive as to the Tags that you use. You will also be able to create titles and descriptions for your videos that are more appealing to your market. These are all good for SEO, and can help your company be discovered more easily and more frequently in the niche that you want.
- Stronger Social Media Integration – When you have own B2B YouTube channel, you business credibility and professional image are heightened, because you can more strongly integrate all your social media properties with your channel. This is much better than randomly uploading your B2B marketing videos and just giving out the links without your own YouTube channel.
In the world of B2Bs, professional credibility is often what is at stake.
So, think of your YouTube channel as a part of your corporate image packaging. The more organized you are in presenting your business online, the more credible you will be in the eyes of your niche market.
*Find out more about the survey B2B Content Marketing: 2015 Benchmarks, Budgets, and Trends.